17 Dec Out with the old, in with the new for 2015!
We’re a big fan of decluttering not only at this time of year but at any time of the year. In fact, it’s one of the most common reasons that people come hunting for good, local self storage solutions.
Many of our household customers use our secure storage units to store goods they no longer need but either want to keep or sell, or because they are doing renovations or are in temporary accommodation.
So, if you are thinking of decluttering first thing in the New Year and putting your goods into storage, here are a few tips from us to help you pack your storage unit effectively . . . .
- Make a list of everything you are storing. If you are going to access your unit regularly, put the things you are likely to need to access towards the front.
- Label everything clearly. This will help you when you load up your unit but also when you remove things to take them elsewhere.
- Wrap things that might be easily broken or damaged. Then, if you have some larger pieces of furniture with drawers, it’s a good idea to put some of the precious items into drawers to keep them safe.
- If you are intending to pile up lots of boxes, it is worth investing in good quality sturdy boxes. Make sure they are as full as possible with the heaviest at the bottom so they don’t collapse and spare storage space is fully utilised.
- If you can, stack items on either side so there is access right down the middle of the unit.